Real Mood: - Lunami *in progress*
Art Trades: Closed
- Salaruis Wins: -various edits and future campaigns- *ongoing*
- Classic Godzilla Hybrid Design, Sketchy Study and Final *in progress*
- DCOFL: 'compiled narrative and synopsis conclusion' *in progress*
Salaruis Wins is a cross fictional, multiversal, satirical collab project between me and SirKaijuOfVaudeville.
You can check it out here:
**** UPDATE *******
Lunami's bio and bio image are now uploaded for reading, just in case it didn't make it into your inbox.
Now towards the end of August, this journal is in concerns to a minor adjustment in my workload which should be a opportunity for you guys to help me a bit.
While I was doing the SD Kaiju series years ago, I got into the habit of making sketch studies that had 4 to 6 different versions of the same monster from across the net and find the most appealing elements of those designs to bring together into a unified whole that would appeal to a majority. Then I shrunk it and added humor to it. My commissioner changed their minds in regards to what they wanted and instead asked that I do a another sketch study and Hybrid design for either a more classic Godzilla or King Ghidorah (largely as a reference for a super character merger event in our pet project but that's not important). Godzilla took precedence so Godzilla it is. This will differ from my earlier sketch study and hybrid designs of a Millenium Godzilla and Super Godzilla as well as other custom Godzilla's I've done in that this Godzilla will be a merger of canonical suit designs. Most likely 4-5 of them. Thus I use the term 'Classic Hybrid' to define the direction I'm going here. As with all my other sketch studies, I highly value community and fan feedback as far as what aspects of each design are useful and which aren't. This journal will take things a step further in that I'm going to ask you all to which design(s) you'd like to see go into it before I even put them to paper for practice. I'm basically asking for the following:
1. One to four Godzilla designs used in the canonical material (this includes comics, as well as the films) that you feel best represents everything you recognize as 'iconic' regarding Godzilla. You can simply give out the date the suit or appearance was used for the films but comics you'll have to be a tad more specific so I can find it.
2. You should tell me what you like about the design(s) and what parts of them you really like/prefer over other designs used in the series.
3. Keeping in mind that nothing from 1998, 'Godzilla: The Animated Series', or fan community will be used for this collection and design process.
One thing that is definite is that one of the major designs that will feature in the study from the get go will be Legendary's 2014 design. You can think of the design as the 'base' or at least a major contributor. In general I go by majority far as what I use in this process though how I apply the features and designs is as always up to my own creative reasoning. Feel free to comment on this journal if you wish to help in this process or just share what you feel is rather important to what you feel is 'Godzilla'. As soon as I get around to drawing the study everyone that follows me will get to see which designs were chosen to represent. Depending on how much feedback or commentary I have here I may or may not require the usual amount of feedback on the study itself to decide what the best features of each design are and how they can be implemented. So if you feel really strongly about a particular design, let me know.
This journal will be up and valid until I submit the sketch study, at which point this journal will be updated accordingly.